Updated: Feb 17
Yesterday I released module 4 - Interview Preparation - to my current cohort on the Career Catapult programme so I thought I'd share my '6 Rs' of Interview Preparation.
Of course, there is a LOT more in the module but these quick tips will stand you in good stead.
1. Research - doing meticulous research on the company you're applying to and the people who will be interviewing you will really show your level of interest
2. Rehearse - grab a friend or book a video call to practice your verbal and non-verbal communication and ask for feedback
3. Record - yourself doing an interview so you can do a self-critique
4. Refine - based on your feedback, refine your answers and the way you plan to come across
5. Revisit - step away from it for a few days and come back to revisit it after a break
6. Refresh - be careful not to over-rehearse as this can come across a bit robotic and stilted. Refresh your mind the day before and maybe add a little new story too.
And finally... be you, be proud.